Home > Marist Institute > General House > Villa EUR and the Marcellin Association



Wherever you go

Rule of Life of the Marist Brothers


 



 


Social networking

Marist Brothers

RSS YouTube FaceBook Twitter

 

 


Calls of the XXII General Chapter



FMSI


Archive of updates

 

Marist Calendar

6 August

Feast of the Lord’s Transfiguration
1858: The General House was relocated from the Hermitage to Saint-Genis-Laval

Marist Calendar - August

Villa EUR and the Marcellin Association

 

www.villaeur.com

The General Council decided in 1999 to transform the former building of the International College into a structure called a “casa per ferie.”  This was facilitated by the requests made by the municipality of Rome to the Religious Congregations, in the framework of preparing for the Jubilee Year 2000.  Villa EUR opened on 20 December 1999.

To direct and manage this facility the General Council appointed a lay manager and created the Marcellin Association to set up an autonomous structure independent of the General House. The Association had the "Casa per Ferie" till 2015.

Now it is an hotel and doesn't belong anymore to the Marist Brothers.


10750 visits